Sunday, February 7, 2010

Welcome

I've been involved in RC most of my life. My dad worked for Fox manufacturing in Arkansas when I was born. For those that don't know, Fox started building model airplane engines in 1948. I cut my teeth at the local flying field.

I've built and flown many aircraft models and in the mid 80s started playing with RC cars which I soon outgrew when I began racing go-carts. In 1995, after watching a Piper Pawnee that I had a couple of grand invested in fly off into the sunset with a radio failure I swore off RC forever.

It was at this point I decided I would try flying full scale and went through the process of getting my private pilots license. I flew for a few years on and off until 1998 when I suffered a heart attack and lost my medical. It was only recently that I was re-introduced to RC when my nephew got a Blade MCX for Christmas. I remember the days we used to build micro light gliders from balsa shavings and cover them with a thin coat of dope that you floated on water in the tub. Once it has dried we would glue a bee or other insect on the nose and fly them at the local gymnasium. Back then something like the MCX was just a dream.

Needless to say I've been bitten by the RC bug again and have purchased a MSR , DX6i and Phoenix simulator. What a blast. I also have my eye on a T-rex 450 Sport.

As a web designer and graphic artist I thought I would share my experiences with RC helicopters with fellow heli addicts. Hope you find something interesting or useful within these pages.

No comments:

Post a Comment